Okay, so every girl who wears makeup has one of these. An everyday routine that you use on a typical day, or the most often. I use a mix of drugstore and "high end" products but I definitely don't believe in spending 45 dollars on a foundation to use everyday and have to repurchase that every couple of weeks--yikes! I love to keep it the most natural looking on a basic day---but don't get me wrong there are days where I like to spice it up and add pops of color/smokey eyes! I will list all the products that I use below with links for you to find them!
So, let's get started!
PREP
I start with a clean face and clean hands before moisturizing with my Clean & Clear "Dual Action Moisturizer"
CONCEAL
I use two products to conceal imperfections. I use the Physicians Formula "Powder Finish Color Correcting green" stick first. Green is the opposite of reds on the color wheel so I apply this to any redness on my face that I would like to tone down. This could be anywhere on the face except under the eyes, where I use my Maybelline "Coverstick Corrector Concealer" in the color "Yellow". Concealers with a YELLOW base cover the blues and purples of the under eye area. I don't usually get dark circles too badly, or bags--but I like to use it to highlight the area and to even out my tone overall!
COVER
In the wintertime, when I do not need to worry about warm, humid weather making my makeup feel disgusting...I use a medium-full coverage foundation, "Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour for Combination/Oily skin". This is my holy grail! It is comparable to a wide range of expensive foundations, but a fraction of the price. The color that I get matches my tone PERFECTLY! The hint of yellow in the color 150 BUFF is perfect for my skin. I despise when foundations look pink or orange when blended yeeeeeshhhhh!...this one just looks natural and clean. The blending ability of the product is pretty awesome and the makeup stays on ALL day (like the 24 hour claim). I am a fan of blending with my fingers and not a foundation brush, one less brush to clean and a more natural finish.
TIP: I use this on my eyelids also because foundation like this can double up as an eyelid primer!
CONTOUR/HIGHLIGHT
In this step I use my "Benetint" by Benefit to stain my cheeks in tiny spots for a natural blush and also Benefit's "High Beam" in a semicircle shape from the high parts of my cheekbones to underneath my eye a bit. This is a great highlight!
I then take my ELF "Contouring Blush/Bronzer kit" in Antigua, which is comparable to NARS blush/bronzer "Orgasm". With an ELF contouring studio brush, I tap off any excess product, as I do not want a DRAMATIC contour. ( My face kind of has it naturally, so when I use too much product, my face tends to look TOO skinny! ) I apply the bronzer color to the hollows of my cheeks, starting by the ears so that the majority of the product is distributed there, with a fading gradient effect downward. I keep this mainly in the cheek area, nowhere near my lips.
BROWS
I use any mousy brown looking matte eyeshadow to fill in my brows. Usually an ELF shadow, and an ELF angle brush (the really tiny skinny one) for precise lines. I begin at the outer ends of my brows first making that the darkest part, and carefully fill them in getting lighter towards the front where I switch to small upward strokes for a more natural look. If my brows need to be tamed a bit, I spray a tiny bit of hairspray in my hands and apply it to them to keep them in place--SUCH a quick fix!
SET
I set my makeup all year round. It seriously helps keep it in place and make it less likely to smudge off on sayyyyy your boyfriends shirt?! Haha.
I use the ELF Complexion brush to apply the RIMMEL "Stay Matte Pressed Powder" in the color "Sandstorm". I just dust this all over my face bringing it down to my neck to set my face makeup!
SHADOW
Ok, moving on to the eyes! I use the Urban Decay "Naked Basics" pallette almost every single day, it's seriously so cute and handy. The color payoff is awesome, the shadows are very smooth and pigmented (as Urban Decay always is!). With the ELF shadow brush, I take the lightest shade, "Venus" and swipe it right under the arch of my brow and on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. If you don't have the Naked pallete, just use any white, or cream colored shadow that is lighter than the rest of the shadows you plan to use in your look. Next, I pack "Foxy" on my lid for a base color. This is a neutral shade which will just give your eyelids an EVEN color. It has a bit of a yellow tone to it. Then switching up my brush to the ELF Contouring brush (for eyes), I take the color "Naked 2" and using a windshield wiper motion, apply it to the crease. The color is a sandy light brown shade. This gives a nice natural contoured look. Usually I call it a day with shadows after that step, but if I want a bit of extra depth that day, I take an angle brush and put "Faint" in my outer v and bring it down to my lower lashline/around the outer corner of my eye for more definition.
LINE
I line my lower waterline with the Jordana eyeliner in " #28 White", concentrating the most of the color in my inner corners. Using a white eyeliner makes your eyes appear more awake, and open...and I just like the look!
If I want some extra definition, I will take my Revlon Colorstay liquid liner in "Blackest Black" and line the upper lashline with a slight wing.
LASHES
I tend to switch mascaras up a whole lot, but the one I am currently using is the RIMMEL "Scandal Eyes Show Off" in "#003 Extreme Black". It has a ball at the end of the wand for defining lashes, and a thick regular wand for adding tons volume and length. When I want to switch it up, i'll use the RIMMEL Glam Eyes mascara in combo with that. I never curl my lashes, they seem to have their own natural upward curl to them so I save them the trauma. (Too many times I have pulled some out while trying this!)
LIPS
I hate feeling like I have a butt-ton of product on my lips, and even worse when it comes off on cups, my boyfriend, etc! So, for color I use a Lipstain! I love lipstains, they give you just the right amount of color you need for a super natural look...with no buildup or smudging! I use the Revlon "Just Bitten" lipstain in the color "Beloved". On top of that, I just add a lip balm or my NYC liquid lipshine in the color "#582 Nude York City". I got my NYC lipshine in my HOLIDAY VOXBOX on a really cool site called Influenster!
AND THAT'S IT! :)
Below is a list of products I mentioned and the link to the page you can get them from online.
Quick and easy!:
Quick and easy!:
- Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer: Buy it!
- Physicians Formula Color Correcting Green concealer: Buy it!
- Maybelline Yellow Concealer: Buy it!
- Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour foundation: Buy it!
- ELF Contouring blush and bronzer: Buy it!
- Benefit High Beam highlight: Buy it!
- Benefit Benetint lip&cheek tint: Buy it!
- ELF studio contouring brush: Buy it!
- ELF studio complexion brush: Buy it!
- ELF angle contour brush: Buy it!
- Naked Basics Pallette: Buy it!
- Jordana White Eyeliner: Buy it!
- Revlon Colorstay liquid liner: Buy it!
- Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder: Buy it!
- Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara: Buy it!
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Showoff mascara: Buy it!
- Revlon Lipstain: Buy it!
- NYC Liquid Lipshine: Buy it!
Thanks for reading, check back soon for a new post and have a great day!:D
If you'd like, subscribe to my youtube channel.
-Dani

No comments:
Post a Comment